Vote FREEMAN for NH Senate District 10 in the primary on September 11th and the general election on November 6th!
District 10 includes the city of Keene and the towns of Alstead, Chesterfield, Gilsum, Harrisville, Hinsdale, Marlborough, Nelson, Roxbury, Sullivan, Surry, Swanzey, Walpole, Westmoreland, and Winchester.
Major Campaign Issues
- End All Prohibition of Victimless “Crimes”
- Secede from the United States
- Make Taxes Voluntary
- June 6th, 2018 – I’m the first candidate to file for the NH Senate District 10 race.
Hello, I’m Ian Freeman. I’m a nationally syndicated talk radio host and I’m running for NH Senate District 10 as a Libertarian. I’m one of the co-chairs of the New Hampshire Liberty Party. One of my main campaign platforms is that prohibition doesn’t work. New Hampshire has already taken some baby steps in the right direction on this issue by legalizing medicinal cannabis and slightly decriminalizing it for personal use. We need to go all the way and end cannabis prohibitions and all other prohibitions of victimless, consensual activities. Prohibitions are contrary to freedom.
As a Libertarian, I’m pro-peace. Therefore, New Hampshire needs to throw off the destructive, deadly, evil federal government – no matter which party is in charge of it. NH independence is an idea that’s time has come again. This time it needs to be done peacefully and as soon as possible. The State of New Hampshire already refuses federal money on the seatbelt issue, and I’d like to see them “just say NO” to the federal government more often, all the way until the state legislature or the people themselves finally votes to secede.
Regardless of whether NH can quickly secede from the U.S. the State itself ought to significantly reform its violent ways by ending coercive taxation. Government is force and as a Libertarian, I’m in favor of the Non Aggression Principle which says that it’s not okay to threaten your peaceful neighbors, even if it’s for a supposedly good cause. Most of us would never consider threatening other people to force them to do what we want them to do, so why is it okay when a group of people calling themselves “government” do it? Voting doesn’t make aggressive violence okay. In order to reform in favor of peace, the State of New Hampshire needs to make all its funding methods (taxes) voluntary.
Of course, that all presumes I could take office without swearing the NH oath of office. As a secessionist, I couldn’t possible swear allegiance to the federal government, as the oath requires. Further, as someone against the coercive state, I cannot swear an oath to the state government either, so unless I can take office by affirming a commitment to liberty, rather than the state, I can’t likely take office.
My Positions on Other Issues
Regarding other issues, please see the NH Liberty Party platform.
Questions? Contact me:
Feel free to reach out to me via phone or email at 603-513-2449 or ian at freetalklive.com
Not accepting contributions.
I have no plans to waste anyone’s money on the hole that is the political process. If you want to support what I do, please donate to the Free Talk Live AMP program here for as little as $5 a month.
Get Campaign Updates!
Thanks for your interest in my campaign. I’ll be posting campaign updates via my Steemit blog and Twitter account. Alternately, you can check back here on this page to the Campaign News section above, which I’ll keep updated throughout.
Previous Campaign News Archive:
In 2014 and 2016 I ran for governor in the Democratic primary, since the Libertarians didn’t have full ballot access at the time. Here are some of the media I appeared in during those campaigns:
- Sep 12th, 2016: “Windham Watch” with State Rep Mary Griffin Features Ian Freeman for Governor
- Sep 6th, 2016: Freeman Rated as Top Democrat for Governor by NH Firearms Coalition & Granite State Taxpayers
- Sep 2nd, 2016: Andover Beacon Delivering NH Liberty Party Candidate Statement to All Households
- Aug 18th, 2016: Manchester TV Three-Minute Candidate Statement
- Aug 15th, 2016: Three NH Democratic Governor Candidates Refuse to Debate Dextraze & Freeman
- Jul 29th, 2016: Interview on Manchester morning talk show, “Girard at Large”
- Jul 22nd, 2016: Candidate Profile on Cheshire TV
- Jul 15th, 2016: NH1 Reports on Freeman for Governor 2016
- Sept 5th, 2014: Freeman Signs Coalition of NH Taxpayers Pledge
- Aug 31st, 2014: Front Page Coverage and “A” Rating from NH Firearms Coalition
- Aug 12th, 2014: My Speech at the First 2014 NH Gubernatorial Debate!
- Jul 7th, 2014: WNTK’s Ben Sarro Interviews Ian About Running for Governor
- Jun 13th, 2014: Steve Vaillancourt Endorses Freeman for Governor in Dem Primary