Cheshire 16 includes the whole city of Keene.
Major Campaign Issues
- End All Prohibition of Victimless “Crimes”
- Secede from the United States
- Make Taxes Voluntary
Hello, I’m Ian Freeman. I’m a nationally syndicated talk radio host and I’m running for NH House District Cheshire 16 as a Republican, though I am actually a Libertarian, which means I think you should be free to live life how you want, so long as you don’t aggress against others. I’m one of the co-chairs of the New Hampshire Liberty Party. One of my main campaign platforms is that prohibition doesn’t work. New Hampshire has already taken some baby steps in the right direction on this issue by legalizing medicinal cannabis and slightly decriminalizing it for personal use. We need to go all the way and end cannabis prohibitions and all other prohibitions of victimless, consensual activities. Prohibitions are contrary to freedom.
As a Libertarian, I’m pro-peace. Therefore, New Hampshire needs to throw off the destructive, deadly, evil federal government – no matter which party is in charge of it. NH independence is an idea that’s time has come again. This time it needs to be done peacefully and as soon as possible. The State of New Hampshire already refuses federal money on the seatbelt issue, and I’d like to see them “just say NO” to the federal government more often, all the way until the state legislature or the people themselves finally votes to secede.
Regardless of whether NH can quickly secede from the U.S. the State itself ought to significantly reform its violent ways by ending coercive taxation. Government is force and as a Libertarian, I’m in favor of the Non Aggression Principle which says that it’s not okay to threaten your peaceful neighbors, even if it’s for a supposedly good cause. Most of us would never consider threatening other people to force them to do what we want them to do, so why is it okay when a group of people calling themselves “government” do it? Voting doesn’t make aggressive violence okay. In order to reform in favor of peace, the State of New Hampshire needs to make all its funding methods (taxes) voluntary.
Of course, that all presumes I could take office without swearing the NH oath of office. As a secessionist, I couldn’t possible swear allegiance to the federal government, as the oath requires. Further, as someone against the coercive state, I cannot swear an oath to the state government either, so unless I can take office by affirming a commitment to liberty, rather than the state, I can’t likely take office.
My Positions on Other Issues
- Gun Freedoms
- Health Care and Developmental Disabilities
- Regarding other issues, please see the NH Liberty Party platform, also my Citizens Count NH page has many issues where I was able to submit custom responses. Here’s more from Vote Smart’s Political Courage Test. Finally, here is a link to my Ballotpedia profile.
Questions? Contact me:
Feel free to reach out to me via phone or email at 603-513-2449 or ian at freetalklive.com
Get Campaign Updates!
Thanks for your interest in my campaign. I’ll be posting campaign updates via my Steemit blog and Twitter account. Alternately, you can check back here on this page to the Campaign News section above, which I’ll keep updated throughout.
Not accepting contributions.
I have no plans to waste anyone’s money on the hole that is the political process. If you want to support what I do, please donate to my radio show’s AMP program here for as little as $5 a month. That money is spent on advertising, marketing, and promoting my show, which is a far more effective way to spread pro-liberty ideas than throwing money at political signs and other campaign stuff.
Previous Campaign News Archive:
In 2018 I ran as a Libertarian for NH Senate District 10. Here’s an archive of the media and interest group responses of mine from that year:
- November 6th, 2018 – Endorsed by Marijuana Policy Project and NH Firearms Coalition
- November 5th, 2018 – I’m the only candidate in my race to respond to the League of Women Voters’ questionnaire.
- November 3rd, 2018 – My speech at Walpole Grange’s Candidate Forum in Walpole
- October 9th, 2018 – The Keene Sentinel’s Editorial Board Interviews Me: Article & Video
- October 4th, 2018 – My answers to Vote Smart’s Political Courage Test
- October 3rd, 2018 – Ballotpedia’s entry on me updated.
- October 1st, 2018 – Video of debate at Cheshire TV: me vs the Republican, Dan LeClair
- September 25th, 2018 – My Letter to School Choice NH
- August 10th, 2018 – Candidate Spotlight 5 Minute Speech Airing on Cheshire TV
- August 9th, 2018 – Endorsed by New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
- August 5th, 2018 – My responses to Marijuana Policy Project and NH Right-to-Life.
- July 25th, 2018 – Citizens Count NH has updated their candidate page for me, which contains my positions on various issues.
- July 20th, 2018 – My responses to Labor groups, the AFL-CIO & Campaign for a Family Friendly Economy.
- July 14th, 2018 – My first media interview of this year’s campaign was on “Questioning Authority”, a talk radio show hosted by Vincent Freeman of Hanover.
- July 13th, 2018 – My response to the NH Firearms Coalition questionnaire on gun freedoms.
- July 2nd, 2018 – My response to the NEA-NH questionnaire and statement on education.
- June 6th, 2018 – I’m the first candidate to file for the NH Senate District 10 race.
In 2014 and 2016 I ran for governor in the Democratic primary, since the Libertarians didn’t have full ballot access at the time. Here are some of the media I appeared in during those campaigns:
- Sep 12th, 2016: “Windham Watch” with State Rep Mary Griffin Features Ian Freeman for Governor
- Sep 6th, 2016: Freeman Rated as Top Democrat for Governor by NH Firearms Coalition & Granite State Taxpayers
- Sep 2nd, 2016: Andover Beacon Delivering NH Liberty Party Candidate Statement to All Households
- Aug 18th, 2016: Manchester TV Three-Minute Candidate Statement
- Aug 15th, 2016: Three NH Democratic Governor Candidates Refuse to Debate Dextraze & Freeman
- Jul 29th, 2016: Interview on Manchester morning talk show, “Girard at Large”
- Jul 22nd, 2016: Candidate Profile on Cheshire TV
- Jul 15th, 2016: NH1 Reports on Freeman for Governor 2016
- Sept 5th, 2014: Freeman Signs Coalition of NH Taxpayers Pledge
- Aug 31st, 2014: Front Page Coverage and “A” Rating from NH Firearms Coalition
- Aug 12th, 2014: My Speech at the First 2014 NH Gubernatorial Debate!
- Jul 7th, 2014: WNTK’s Ben Sarro Interviews Ian About Running for Governor
- Jun 13th, 2014: Steve Vaillancourt Endorses Freeman for Governor in Dem Primary