- Legalize/Decriminalize Cannabis and End Enforcement of Victimless Crimes
- Secede from the United States
- Make Ballot Access Equal for All
- Make Taxes Voluntary
- Sep 12th, 2016: “Windham Watch” with State Rep Mary Griffin Features Ian Freeman for Governor
- Sep 6th, 2016: Freeman Rated as Top Democrat for Governor by NH Firearms Coalition & Granite State Taxpayers
- Sep 2nd, 2016: Andover Beacon Delivering NH Liberty Party Candidate Statement to All Households
- Aug 18th, 2016: Manchester TV Three-Minute Candidate Statement
- Aug 15th, 2016: Three NH Democratic Governor Candidates Refuse to Debate Dextraze & Freeman
- Jul 29th, 2016: Interview on Manchester morning talk show, “Girard at Large”
- Jul 22nd, 2016: Candidate Profile on Cheshire TV
- Jul 15th, 2016: NH1 Reports on Freeman for Governor 2016
- Sept 5th, 2014: Freeman Signs Coalition of NH Taxpayers Pledge
- Aug 31st, 2014: Front Page Coverage and “A” Rating from NH Firearms Coalition
- Aug 12th, 2014: My Speech at the First 2014 NH Gubernatorial Debate!
- Jul 7th, 2014: WNTK’s Ben Sarro Interviews Ian About Running for Governor
- Jun 13th, 2014: Steve Vaillancourt Endorses Freeman for Governor in Dem Primary
Hello, I’m Ian Freeman. I’m a nationally syndicated talk radio host and I’m running for Governor in the democratic primary. I’m one of the co-chairs of the New Hampshire Liberty Party. Like many democrats, (not the politicians) I care about people, like those put behind bars for victimless crimes like cannabis possession. As governor, I’ll pardon all victimless criminals as one of my first acts.
As a democrat, I’m pro-peace. Therefore, New Hampshire needs to throw off the destructive, deadly, pro-corporate influences and rules of the federal government. NH independence is an idea that’s time has come again. This time it needs to be done peacefully and as soon as possible. As governor, I want to break all contact with the federal government by all NH’s executive agencies. I will encourage the state legislature to say “NO” to federal money (bribery) dangled in front of us to obtain the obedience of the State of NH to their dictates. The State of New Hampshire already refuses federal money on the seatbelt issue, and I’d like to see them “just say NO” to the federal government more often, all the way until the state legislature finally votes to secede.
Finally, I’d really like to see ballot access fairness in New Hampshire. It’s sad that third parties are kept off the ballot by being forced to jump through ridiculous hoops with insane petition signature requirements. This results in fewer choices for voters and fewer ideas in the debates. We all lose as a result. Republican and democratic state representative candidates need only pay $2 to file for office, while third party members are required to collect 150 petition signatures – a costly and time-consuming process. To qualify for governor as a third-party candidate requires 3,000 signatures! All ballot requirements should be the same across-the-board, no matter the party.
Of course, that all presumes I could take office without swearing the NH oath of office. As a secessionist, I couldn’t possible swear allegiance to the federal government, as the oath requires. Further, as a voluntarist, I cannot swear an oath to the state government either, so unless I can take office by affirming a commitment to liberty, not the state, I can’t likely take office. Of course NH would still be better off with no governor at all!
Regarding other issues, please see the NH Liberty Party platform.
Questions? Contact me:
Feel free to reach out to me via phone or email at 603-513-2449 or ian at freetalklive.com
Not accepting contributions.
I have no plans to waste anyone’s money on the hole that is the political process. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts in getting out the message of liberty, please contribute to the Shire Free Church via bitcoin here: 1G3rRqAoAmJubtqRbwTbWsCxVrL377ABWd
or scan this QR code with your favorite BTC software:
Get Campaign Updates!
Thanks for your interest in my campaign, and please follow the blog here at NHLiberty.info for campaign updates. Or, just sign up for emailed updates via the signup box in the right-hand column of this website.